Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Year, New Life!

Happy New Year!

Yep, I'm 9 days late getting that out there - but better late than never, right? In my defense, I've been working my tail off since before the first of the year. First day off was today and it was glorious! Lots of little things accomplished which is always a great feeling. Back to the mall tomorrow - 15 more weeks, give or take a few days (not that I am counting!). Yikes, that means in 15 weeks I need to have things together to move and open a business. Gulp. I have a lot to do.

I've been doing a lot of thinking and 2012 was the year of decisions. It started in May, when I decided I wasn't happy with where my life was going and I needed a change. This lead to the decision to explore business opportunities out of Des Moines and deciding to move to make a different life for myself. Once this was decided on a time line of May 2013 to move and open business, another decision needed to be made. In December I decided to quit my job with the State of Iowa and take on the Jordan Creek GLAM store for prom season. Talk about a lot of deciding to take the leaps needed to live the life I've imagined.

Now, 2013 is the year of change. All of the decisions made in 2012 are now the changes happening in 2013. New job for 4 months - check. Transitioning back to retail from a desk job is a change for me, but it will get easier as I get used to it. Then comes the biggest change in May - packing up my life and moving back to Algona to open up my business. Damn, I'm excited but holy sh*t I'm nervous and anxious too. So much to think about, worry about, be excited about - cripes, it might all drive me crazy here soon. Wait a second, the crazy train already left and you can bet your ass I was on the train!

With all of the decisions and changes going on - I'm still so HAPPY. Happy to finally be pursuing my dreams. Doing something I love. I've had countless friends tell me, "2013 is going to be your year, Sarah." And you know what? I believe them and think the exact same thing! Is it going to be easy? Hell no! Is it going to be fun? You better believe it. Do I think it's going to bring me to the life I've always dreamed of? Yes.
I love this and it couldn't be more true right now! Life is too short NOT to live your dream!
Happy 2013 everyone! Do something this year that changes your life! 


No comments:

Post a Comment