Saturday, September 22, 2012

Twice in one week?!?

Yep, that's right. I'm off my completely unintended hiatus! Well for now...

I'm up at my parents house this weekend and finally had a little time to myself. Right now, my dad and brother are in the field, my mom, little sister and sister-in-law are all at a baby shower and I have the house all to me for a bit. It's a gorgeous day - a bit windy, mid 50's, and harvest is in full swing in Iowa. It really doesn't get more wonderful than this - this time of year is just so beautiful. Ooh and hit up the high school football game last night - always seems a little smaller when you've been out of high school for over 10 years.

A little news on the business front. I met with the man who is in charge of renting the building I am interested in. Good news is that he's talked to the president of the board about me and what I'm looking to do and they both think it would be a great fit for the space. And that there's only been one other somewhat serious inquiry into the building other than myself. We talked about what I want, my time table and intentions and possible other options I could have (not mentioning that - don't wanna jinx it!) and price for renting. So things went pretty well on all fronts, hoping for some possible negotiation but we'll see what magic my dad can work on that one. Kinda bad news (with silver lining good news) - someone could still step in and rent the building before me. I can't hold it without paying half the rent every month without actually being there. So between now and the end of the year it's still on the market. If nothing happens between now and then, as of January 1, 2013 - it's mine. So fingers crossed, send up the prayers between now and then. :)

Just a little update - you're all still probably cleaning up everything I threw at you the other night. Back to work...or maybe some reading. Just finishing up book four in a series and want to knock it out. LOVE the series - so if you are looking for something easy to read and full of adorable, check out Nora Roberts' Bride Quartet. I've read all 4 in a matter of 2 weeks. Yes, I'm obsessed!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment